If you and your family plan to hit the highway this summer, you’ll want to make sure your car’s tires are in tip-top shape before you head out on your road trip. There is a very simple test you can do to make sure your tires are not overly worn, and all you need is a penny!
- Grab a penny. If you don’t have one on hand, just lift the nearest couch cushion and pick one of the many coins hiding underneath with the stray potato chips and buttons.
- Take the penny out to your car to check your tires.
- Insert the penny in head-first.
- If Lincoln’s head is fully immersed in the tire tread, your tires are good to go.
- If you can see any part of the top of Lincoln’s head, your tires are too worn for the road and it is time to invest in a new set.
If you check your tires with the penny test but still are not sure if they are safe for the road, call Nick Nicholas Ford today to make an appointment at our service center. Our friendly service technicians will be happy to answer your questions and help you to get your Ford vehicle into peak road-trip shape.